[Freeipa-users] Restore form backup , start servrer will error but sucess

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue May 10 13:08:19 UTC 2016

barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
> So now how can i restore the normal status.
>
> Can i export those acc out and restore to new server if same schema.?
>
> Manual backup restore i test before should work.

This is a feature design page. The files there are notes, not a full
list of things to backup, and definitely not meant as manual instructions.

What I'd recommend is to pause, restate what the problems are with as
much detail as you can, what you've tried (again, details matter) and
basically start this process over again so include the cert renewal
problems, replication issues and now the startup problem. There are now
something like three separate threads, all asking for similar
information and none of which are really making any forward progress.

The python error is coming from dogtag so I've cc'd one of their
developers to see what they think. That will need to be fixed eventually
as well.

I've found these threads very difficult to follow but it seems like it
started when cert renewal failed and moved onto replication issues which
upgrading is probably not going to address and IMHO it is best to not
add another variable to the mix. In order to migrate to RHEL 7/IPA 4.x
you need a stable system to migrate from, and in that case the latest
bits are necessary, as Petr pointed out.

rob