[Freeipa-users] Ubuntu 16.04 / FreeIPA 4.3 install

Zak Wolfinger zwolfinger at myemma.com
Wed May 11 14:41:29 UTC 2016

> On May 11, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Zak Wolfinger <zwolfinger at myemma.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to set up FreeIPA as a replica.  I’ve followed the instructions in section 4 here:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#prepping-replica <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/index.html#prepping-replica>
>
> The replica install appears to be successful, but when I try to do ‘ipactl start’ I get this:
>
> IPA is not configured (see man pages of ipa-server-install for help)
>
> I’ve looked through the man pages but I’m not seeing what needs to be done.
>
> Can anyone offer suggestions?

I tried doing an isa-server-install —uninstall and doing my isa-replica-install again.  Now I’m seeing this:

[error] UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM: {'info': 'modification of attribute nsds5replicabinddngroup is not allowed in replica entry', 'desc': 'Server is unwilling to perform'}

The old server is FreeIPA 3.0 and the new replica is obviously 4.3.  Am I missing something?