[Freeipa-users] Exposing LDAP attributes with hyphens in their names?

Jeffery Harrell sparky at charlietango.com
Wed May 11 15:19:23 UTC 2016

I’ve read Extending FreeIPA back to front (several times!) but I could spend more time alone with an iPad and a copy of the Guide. Thanks for the link.

On May 11, 2016 at 3:28:55 AM, Martin Kosek (mkosek at redhat.com) wrote:

On 05/06/2016 07:12 PM, Jeffery Harrell wrote:
> Hi. I’m very new to IPA; I only picked it up a couple weeks ago. So this may be
> a remedial question.
>
> I’d like to expose, both via the CLI and the GUI, certain LDAP attributes which
> have hyphens in their names — e.g., "apple-user-homeurl.” The Param class
> rejects these attributes because of the hyphens; the name of the Param doesn’t
> conform to the regular expression so an exception gets thrown. This code does
> not work:
>
> |user.user.takes_params = user.user.takes_params + ( Str( 'apple-user-homeurl?',
> cli_name='appleuserhomeurl', label=_('Apple User Home URL'), doc=_('Apple user
> home URL.'), ), ) |
>
> Is there a sensible way of getting around that, or will I have to subclass Param
> and write a whole bunch of new code to get this to work?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Jeffery

Did you check the documentation we have so far?

http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf
http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/guide.html

CCing Jan for reference.

Martin