[Freeipa-users] Free IPA Client in Docker

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed May 11 15:53:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 05:33:55PM +0200, Outback Dingo wrote:
> > On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 04:19:48PM +0200, Martin Basti wrote:
> > >
> > > https://hub.docker.com/r/adelton/freeipa-server/
> >
> > Also http://www.freeipa.org/page/Docker and
> > https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa.
>
> great now the question im afraid to ask is how can i migrate my running
> FreeIPA into the docker freeipa and save myself a whole server :)

Start by understanding that FreeIPA in container is still proof of
concept.

You probably already have at least one replica -- just create the
FreeIPA server in the container as another replica in your environment.
That way you can test it gradually -- point clients to it, add it to
DNS. I would not recommend attempting to convert existing installation
in one swoop, by replacing it in place.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat