[Freeipa-users] getent passwd returns username at domain.com for username

Watson, Dan Dan.Watson at bcferries.com
Wed May 11 23:17:39 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I've run into some strangeness and I just haven't been able to find a solution online.

On my existing RHEL 6.5 servers everything runs fine. I do not use the IPA client install but rather manually setup SSSD, LDAP and Kerberos. We've got a RHEL 6.8 machine that just was added to IPA and it's showing some strangeness.

RHEL 6.5:
getent passwd
username:*:12345678:12345678:User Name:/home/username:/bin/bash

RHEL 6.8:
getent passwd
username at domain.com:*:12345678:12345678:User  Name:/home/username:/bin/bash

They have the same sssd.conf, the same krb5.conf and all the same LDAP config files. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
Dan