[Freeipa-users] krb5kdc service not starting

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Thu May 12 03:28:49 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,
I had a pretty similar failure on my replica yesterday. The replica was not
reachable, and I asked someone to have a look at the system. They
presumably rebooted it. When it came back up, ipactl wouldn't start, and
the symptoms were pretty similar to those described in this thread. I
followed the solution of copying dse.ldif.startOK to dse.ldif, and that
started everything. However, I see some errors in dirsrv's logs. It is
constantly printing lines like "DSRetroclPlugin - delete_changerecord:
could not delete change record 418295". Is that normal ? How do I confirm
that the replica is back and fully functional ? Why did this happen in the
first place ?