[Freeipa-users] sssd went away, failed to restart

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri May 13 12:45:15 UTC 2016

On (12/05/16 15:35), Harald Dunkel wrote:
>On 05/12/16 13:48, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
>> It would be nice if you could provide reliable reproducer.
>> I'm sorry we do not have a crystall ball and sssd log files
>> did not help either. They are truncated.
>>

>Thats all I got.

and that's the reason why we cannot help more :-(

>> I would like to fix it but I do not know what to fix.
>>
>> Is there anything interesting/suspicious in syslog/journald
>> from the same time?
>>

>"journalctl -u sssd" says

It is not helpful either.
We asked to find *ANYTHING* interesting/suspicious in syslog/journald
So it needn't be related to sssd.

It can be realted to swapping, out of entropy, disk needs to spin up,
high load, DNS not responding, whatever

But it's task for you to find out what trigger the problem.
We do not have an access to problematic machines.

So try to find a reason which trigger the problem and provide
reasonable reproducer.

LS