[Freeipa-users] Stuck at CA_UNREACHABLE and NEED_CSR_GEN_PIN

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Mon May 16 10:28:42 UTC 2016

On 05/14/2016 12:01 AM, Adam Kaczka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have inherited a IPA system that has an expired cert and the old admins have
> left; I followed (http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPA_2x_Certificate_Renewal) but
> running into errors when I try to renew the CA certs even after time is reset.
> Also tried the troubleshooting under
> (http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting#Authentication_Errors);
> specifically using "certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias -n ipaCert -a > /tmp/ra.crt"
> to add the cert in the database.
>
>  From the output of getcert list, I see both CA_UNREACHABLE and
> NEED_CSR_GEN_PIN.  I followed redhat article here
> (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1142913) which verified key file password
> is correct and I have reset time.  However the NEED_CSR_GEN_PIN status remains.
> My company actually has redhat support but when they built this IPA whoever
> built it was using Centos 6 so I am out of luck here.
>
> Would really appreciate any help since I am stuck at this point?  What else I
> can do at this point?  e.g. Is generate a new CA cert necessary, etc.?

Hi,

you don't need to renew CA cert, it seems to be valid. But your server
cert is expired. It expired on 2016-03-29.

1. Move date back before this date, e.g., 2016-03-27.
2. Verify that IPA is running `ipactl status`. Maybe restart will be needed.
3. run `getcert list` to see if certmonger can communicate with CA
4. if certmonger doesn't renew the certs automatically, run `getcert
resubmit -i $certid` for the expired cert.

--
Petr Vobornik