[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA DNS Module (named.conf)

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon May 16 13:33:21 UTC 2016

On 05/16/2016 02:03 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the named.conf, is it possible to change the
> named.conf, to mace ACL or views, or is named.conf overwritten from freeipa-
> module ?

Hello,

FreeIPA indeed replaces default named.conf during installation and then later
extends it when updates are needed. So it may not be too safe adding your own
changes there and turning it into shared DNS with FreeIPA (though it should
work if done after installation, Petr Spacek will know better).

As for DNS Views, see
for information.

Thanks,
Martin