[Freeipa-users] a user delegated to control a OU and realmd join - how..

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 17 08:27:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 15:14 +0200, Sumit Bose wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 05:17:03PM +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> > .. if possible, would you know?
> > hi everybody,
> > I'm trying, and hoping it is possible to realm join an AD but is
> > such a
> > way so I tap my IPA into specific OU within that AD.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Do you want to join a
> computer
> which is already a client in an IPA domain to AD as well? If this is
> the
> case I would recommend to consider the IPA trust feature. Joining 2
> domain is in general possible with SSSD but has to be done with very
> great care, e.g. by using different keytabs for each domain.
Can IPA domain establish a trust between win AD if IPA admin only has
admin control over an OU in win AD ?
I know very little about AD and only started with IPA - I don't suppose
control of OU delegated to a user makes that user AD admin.
I guess what I'm thinking, asking, is - what would be the correct
possible way to plug in, connect IPA domain to win AD when one has
admin control only over a OU in win AD?
many thanks
L.