[Freeipa-users] Read-only permission with no authentication

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue May 17 15:38:32 UTC 2016

I'm trying to set up an account that will only have read permissions to
FreeIPA's user and host info to get some automated documentation tasks
running.  Basically I want to set up a cron job on a FreeIPA server that
will read info using the ipa command line tools like "ipa user-find",
"ipa user-show --all" and some of the host commands.  After it reads
that info I can handle it in perl to maintain some documentation
requirements.  But I don't want to be forced into saving a password
anywhere along the way if I can avoid it.

Is there a way to set an account so it will be able to run those ipa
commands in a read-only state but not have any authentication requirement?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil