[Freeipa-users] a user delegated to control a OU and realmd join - how..

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 18 09:32:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 09:19 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 09:27 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Do you want to join a
> > > computer
> > > which is already a client in an IPA domain to AD as well? If this
> > > is
> > > the
> > > case I would recommend to consider the IPA trust feature. Joining
> > > 2
> > > domain is in general possible with SSSD but has to be done with
> > > very
> > > great care, e.g. by using different keytabs for each domain.
> > Can IPA domain establish a trust between win AD if IPA admin only
> > has
> > admin control over an OU in win AD ?
>
> No, you need to be a Domain Admin with full privileges.
many thanks Simo,
when I try user who only has delegated admin/management over a OU I
see:
Active Directory domain administrator's password:
ipa: ERROR: Insufficient access: CIFS server denied your credentials.
Would joining an IPA server to winAD with realmd be kind of one way
trust?
Is it even possible(with no reasons against doing so) to join IPA
server/domain to AD?
I mean I did that and I could get AD users IDs but there was some
problem with krb5, config got messed up and daemon would not start.