[Freeipa-users] File user and group ownership listings...

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu May 19 06:33:45 UTC 2016

Now that groups are working as expected, we have noticed that when listing
a directory the user and group now have full domain qualifiers.

This doesn't look great. We've also noticed that we now need to

chown :group at subdomain filename

(with default_domain_suffix set).

Is there a reason why when the group's name and ID is the same across both
domains, it can't be considered the same group for file ownership reasons?

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper