[Freeipa-users] Forcing passync to periodically sync passwords

pgb205 pgb205 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 17:36:29 UTC 2016

Alexander, thank you for such a quick reply.
The reason im looking at this is that I want to synchronize from AD to several FIPA domains, but as you mention it's only1-1 passync option. This results in my not being able to synchronize passwords to second idm domain.
Other options I've considered are:1. Run multiple instances of passsync on each DC. Both will intercept password change but will send to different ipa replicas in different freeipa domains.
>From this link it doesn't seem to be possible however#48174 (RFE: Support for running multiple instances of the PassSync service) – 389 Project

|   |
#48174 (RFE: Support for running multiple instances of the PassSync service...
   |   |

2. backing up/copying freeipa database that does have user/pass to second idm domainThis is not something I'm looking to do but if there is no other way I'd be willing to consider somehow grabbing files from ipa-repplica.domain.comand moving to ipa-server.example.net. Is this a route that's even worth looking into ?
Any other options that you are aware of to make this setup possible. 1AD->FIPA1.com                                                                                                                               ->FIPA2.comwith password replication to both?
thanks