[Freeipa-users] mod_nss FreeIPA

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Thu May 26 07:01:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, 26 May 2016, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>Hello Alexander,
>
>Am Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2016, 09:41:38 CEST schrieb Alexander Bokovoy:
>> On Thu, 26 May 2016, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >can any help to find the correct way to configure a Webserver with IPA.
>> >(mod_nss)
>> >
>> >I can't create a correct DB in /etc/httpd/alias
>> >
>> >I search on the INet and read the install Log from ipa-server but it is for
>> >me not possible to found a working way :-(.
>>
>> So you want to set up a web server on an IPA client and have this web
>> server to use mod_nss with certificates from IPA CA?
>
>YES.... YES...... ;-)
>
>You have 100 Points ..... ;-)
You have two options: mod_ssl and mod_nss.
For mod_ssl we have it documented:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Apache_SNI_With_Kerberos

For mod_nss it is mostly the same except that mod_nss brings working nss
configuration in the rpm package already and all you need is to
initialize NSS database in /etc/httpd/alias.

Use instructions to setup SSL from
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Setting_up_MediaWiki_to_run_against_FreeIPA

while the page above contains full MediaWiki setup, the MediaWiki part
is isolated and the rest is basically the same for any mod_nss based web
server.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy