[Freeipa-users] pam_hbac: a PAM module to enforce IPA HBAC rules

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu May 26 15:25:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

me and Pavel Reichl were developing pam_hbac and today we tagged our first
release.

pam_hbac is a standalone PAM module for enforcing HBAC access control
defined on an FreeIPA server. It is meant as a solution for platforms
that do not ship with SSSD like Solaris or for setups where you can't use
id_provider=ipa, like Amazon Linux or RHEL-5 machines using the compat tree.

The project is being developed on github:
    https://github.com/jhrozek/pam_hbac
You can grab the first release here:
    https://github.com/jhrozek/pam_hbac/releases

Pavel and I also wrote a introductory blog post to get you started:
    https://jhrozek.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/pam_hbac-a-pam-module-to-enforce-ipa-access-control-rules/

Enjoy!