[Freeipa-users] mod_auth_krb issues with AD trust

John Meyers john+freeipa at themeyers.us
Thu May 26 20:15:31 UTC 2016

Thanks!  For the use case where IPA, and not AD, is the authoritative
source it's actually working out very well if we can solve this last
issue.  With regard to the work in 4.4, from what I've read about it, I
am not 100% sure it will work.  In this case the "alternate principal"
is a cross-domain one.  I'm not expecting IPA to issue a ticket for it.
What I'm looking for is what AD can do -- if you authenticate with a
principal from a trusted domain AND you find a match for that principal
as an "alternate" for a user on the IPA domain, from a directory
perspective don't treat that a foreign user (e.g. assign a posix UID
from the foreign domain's range, apply external group mappings) but
rather accept the foreign principal as the local IPA domain user itself
and apply the UID, group membership, etc as if the user authenticated
with a local IPA principal.

John