[Freeipa-users] Remove AD domain in auth commands

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 11:04:28 UTC 2016

Hello,
I've installed FreeIPA 4.2 master using Centos and I have a Windows 2012R2 with its AD schema emulating a Windows 2012 system
I have established a trust between the two and it appears to work. I can reference a user on the AD domain, but the only way is to add the AD domain.

The only way to ssh to the master IPA server is like this:

 ssh "x_xxxx at IPAWIN.LOCAL"@10.10.10.10
Another example is using kinit:
I have to do the following to get a credential:kinit x_xxxx at IPAWIN.LOCAL
Ideally I would not need or use the "@IPAWIN.LOCAL".

Can anyone help?
Best regards,James Harrison