[Freeipa-users] Determine if hosts are still active.

McNiel, Craig craig.mcniel at pearson.com
Tue Nov 8 15:11:50 UTC 2016

I'm running IPA 4.2 in SSO in a highly dynamic AWS EC2 environment.  Is
there a way to tell if a host that has joined the domain is still active
using an LDAP query so that I can determine hosts that have been torn down
and no longer exist and remove them from the directory?

I have looked at several different attributes in LDAP but, none of them
seem to provide any information on the last time the host authenticated or
communicated with an IPA master.

Thanks !

Craig