[Freeipa-users] bind-dyndb-ldap and replication requirements

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 05:43:07 UTC 2016

On 10/11/16 01:14, Brendan Kearney wrote:
> i am asking this for a friend who is trying to figure out how to get
> bind-dyndb-ldap working against openldap on ubuntu.  she does not have
> replication between two or more ldap instances, and needs to figure out
> the minimum requirements for bind-dyndb-ldap.  i have been trying to
> help her, but i am unsure about what is needed, as i have n-way multi
> master replication working already.
>
> can anyone provide what the replication requirements are for
> bind-dyndb-ldap?  currently, the SyncRepl module is loaded and the
> overlay is created and configured for the mdb.  i have tried to help get
> olcServerID and olcMirrorMode set in cn=config and
> olcDatabase={2}mdb,cn=config respectively, but some errors were
> encountered there.  is there a best practices doc that we can review?
>
> the environment, as best i can tell is ubuntu, openldap 2.4.42 and bind
> 9.  exact os and bind versions are not known right now.
>
> thanks,
>
> brendan kearney

Hello Brendan,
I don't have any experience with running OpenLDAP + bind-dyndb-ldap but
quick web search showed me this:

https://blogs.mindspew-age.com/2013/06/07/bind-dns-openldap-mdb-dynamic-domainsub-domain-configuration-of-dns/

The article is about CentOS 6 and more than 3 years old but still might
be helpful because it's mainly about Bind 9 configuration.

--
David Kupka