[Freeipa-users] IPA UI not accessible behind the load blancer

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 11:00:57 UTC 2016

On 11/14/2016 07:52 AM, deepak dimri wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have my IPA servers hosted in the AWS private subnets and i can access them
> using AWS elastic load balancer(elb) URL from public internet just fine.  The
> problem is that when i enter https://<elb>/index.htl  (dummy index.html hosted
> on IPA)  i can access index.html just fine but when i try
> https://<elb>/ipa/ui then i am getting redirected to
> [https://<ipa_private_hostname>/ipa/ui]https://<ipa_private_hostname>/ipa/ui
> which is resulting to  "This site can't be reached" error.
>

> I followed this link
> https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name but it
> did not help either..
>

> What should i be doing to access IPA server(s) uri when they running behind the
> load balancer or proxy servers?
>

> Thanks for your great support!
>

> Best regards
>
> Deepak

Look into /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa-rewrite.conf

There are lines:

# By default forward all requests to /ipa. If you don't want IPA
# to be the default on your web server comment this line out.
${AUTOREDIR}RewriteRule ^/$$ https://$FQDN/ipa/ui [L,NC,R=301]

# Redirect to the fully-qualified hostname. Not redirecting to secure
# port so configuration files can be retrieved without requiring SSL.
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}    !^$FQDN$$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^/ipa/(.*)      http://$FQDN/ipa/$$1 [L,R=301]

Which most likely causes the redirection.

--
Petr Vobornik