[Freeipa-users] Wrong timestamp on ipaclient-install.log file and authentication problem

Tamer Ataol ataoltamer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:45:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to make ipa-client-install work on Ubuntu 14.04.5. Everything
works except it doesn't get ldap users from IPA Master. I dig issue a
little bit and found out that ipaclient-install.log under /var/log/
directory uses wrong timestamp. Ubuntu's date is correct, it is set to
Istanbul time. But in the log file UTC is used. 3 hours behind the servers
time. I am thinking this issue is the cause of not getting the ldap users
from the FreeIPA Master. IPA client cannot synchronize with the master
because it uses UTC. I couldn't find any other issue.

What can make FreeIPA Client use a different time than the server's? Java
and Python gives Istanbul time in the server. So they are correct. Also I
restarted rsyslogd. Nothing changed.

Another thing I want to mention is that I installed Ubuntu form netboot
image and installed ubuntu-desktop, freeipa-client and ssh on top of that.
And Ubuntu is set to Turkish. Strangely when I install Ubuntu from Live CD
in English this issue never happens and FreeIPA Client works perfectly. But
I need to use netboot and Turkish as I need to install many computers for
Turkish users.

Thanks.