[Freeipa-users] anyone else getting porn spam pretending to be replies to freeipa-users threads?

Sean Hogan schogan at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 16 16:23:35 UTC 2016

Yes... just got 2 of them from same address.. kimi rachel

Sean Hogan

From:	Tony Brian Albers <tba at statsbiblioteket.dk>
To:	"freeipa-users at redhat.com" <freeipa-users at redhat.com>
Date:	11/15/2016 11:54 PM
Subject:	Re: [Freeipa-users] anyone else getting porn spam pretending to
            be replies to freeipa-users threads?
Sent by:	freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com

Hehe, just you wait Lachlan ;)

/tony

On 11/16/2016 01:56 AM, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
> Gah, just happened to me. Wasn't porn, but was someone called Kimi and
> the only content was "Heeey Lachlan, how's it going?"
>
> L.
>
> ------
> The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
> way."
>
> - Grace Hopper
>
> On 16 November 2016 at 04:02, Martin Basti <mbasti at redhat.com
> <mailto:mbasti at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 15.11.2016 17:32, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>

>         Got a porn spam today that had a subject header of:
>
>             Re: [Freeipa-users] URL is changing on the browser
>

>         Have to admit that got through my spam filter and got me to open
>         the email.
>
>         It's clear that it was not a list message; looks like something
>         may be mining the public list archives to pull email addresses
>         and plausible sounding subject lines.
>
>         Mildly interested if anyone else got an email like this?
>
>         -Chris
>

>      We are receiving those emails as well (different subjects, domains,
>     but the same content)
>

>     --

Best regards,

Tony Albers
Systems administrator, IT-development
State and University Library, Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
Tel: +45 2566 2383 / +45 8946 2316