[Freeipa-users] minimise impact compromised host

Stijn De Weirdt stijn.deweirdt at ugent.be
Wed Nov 16 17:26:42 UTC 2016

hi petr,

>>> For any useful advice we need more details.
>>>
>>> What are the operations you want to disable?
>> at the very least, "kvno userlogin" should fail (i.e. access to a host
>> keytab shouldn't permit retrieval of arbitrary user token).
>
> I think that this is misunderstanding.
i'll spend some more time rereading and getting a better understanding
(again ;)

> "kvno userlogin" does not allow the attacker to do anything. The result of
> kvno command is a service ticket for particular principal (user, host).
>
> The attacker can use this service ticket *for authentication to the particular
> principal* (user, host).
>
> So the only thing the attacker can do is to prove its identity to given (user,
> host). This exactly matches capabilities the attacker already has - the full
> control over the host.
hhmm, ok. is there a way to let e.g. klist show this? it now says
'userlogin at REALM' in the 'Service principal' column. for the (user,host)
combo i expected to see a userlogin/fqdn at REALM, like other service tokens.

anyway, clearly i'm missing something here.

stijn