[Freeipa-users] Something I dont get with FriiIPA and AD Trusts and Users and Greoups

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 09:14:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,I have established an AD trust Between Free IPA and our Windows network and its working. No problems there.
I have created the IDM Groups for active directory as proposed in section 5.5 of the Windows_Integration_Guide.
Now what? The group in Free IPA I've created (from section 5.5) allows me to do what? Am I supposed to get a synchronised list of Domain Admin users in Free IPA?

I can log in to a Linux client using AD credentials, regardless of the AD users external map (The user I'm logging is with is a member of the AD Domain Admins group).
Many thanks,James Harrison