[Freeipa-users] Ping forwarded domain name.

TomK tk at mdevsys.com
Tue Nov 22 05:33:02 UTC 2016

Hey Guy's,

I'm forwarding a domain dom.abc.xyz from a Windows Server 2012 over to
my dual Free IPA server.  The Free IPA servers are authoritative for
this subdomain.  The Windows Server 2012 DNS is resolves on abc.xyz and
forwards dom.abc.xyz.

I cannot ping dom.abc.xyz.  Everything else, including client
registrations, work fine.  If Free IPA is authoritative  on dom.abc.xyz,
should it not create DNS entries so the sub domain can be pinged as well?

/etc/resolv.conf also get's regenerated on reboot on the IPA Servers and
wanted to ask if you can point me to some materials online to determine
where can I permanently adjust the search to add dom.abc.xyz to the
already present abc.xyz .  I wasn't able to locate what I needed in my
searches.

I'm using the latest v4.

--
Cheers,