[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA behind Apache Reverse Proxy and Load Balancer

deepak dimri deepak.dimri2016 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:48:59 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I want to configure Apache reverse proxy to load balance/failover between
two IPA servers. I have referred
*https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name
<https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name>* to
configure reverse proxy and it all works fine with one IPA server but i
want  to load balance across two IPA Servers using Proxy Balancer module.
What should be the configuration for RequestHeader edit Referer with Proxy
balancer? In another thread*
https://www.mail-archive.com/freeipa-users@redhat.com/msg24644.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/freeipa-users@redhat.com/msg24644.html> *Peter
has mentioned cookie rewriting or 2 VHs and i will try VH option. But it
will really help and will save my time if some one can share full working
configuration. I tried below configuration but its failing at RequestHeader
edit Referer.

<VirtualHost *:443>
        <Proxy balancer://ipacluster>
        # IPA Server 1
                BalancerMember https://ipa1.int.com/
        # IPA Server 2
                BalancerMember https://ipa2.int.com/
        </Proxy>
        SSLEngine On
        SSLProxyEngine On
        LogLevel debug
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.key
        ProxyRequests off
        ProxyPass / balancer://ipacluster/
        ProxyPassReverse / balancer://ipacluster/
        ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain ipa1.int.com ipa.ext.com
        RequestHeader edit Referer ^https://ipa\.ext\.com/
https://ipa1.int.com/
        ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain ipa2.int.com ipa.ext.com
        RequestHeader edit Referer ^https://ipa\.ext\.com/
https://ipa2.int.com/

</VirtualHost>

Many Thanks,