[Freeipa-users] IPA rewrite conf with AWS ELB

Deepak Dimri deepak_dimri at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 09:03:22 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am posting my issue here with an hope that i get a response.

I have AWS ELB configured to connect to FreeIPA servers on Ubuntu.  My FreeIPA servers are in private subnets. I am able to access my test index.html page deployed on the FreeIPA server by hitting https://<elb url>/index.html. However when i try IPA UI https://<elb url>/ipa/ui then i am getting redirected to my internal IPA address which then resulting to "site cannot be reached" error.  I am wondering if i have an option of tweaking my /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa-rewrite.conf file so that i can access IPA UI using external ELB URL? I see ipa-rewrite.conf is hardcoded with my internal IPA server URLs.

Would appreciate if some one can give some pointers

Thanks,
Deepak