[Freeipa-users] mount lookup failure getautomntent_r

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Sun Nov 27 20:43:03 UTC 2016

> On 27 Nov 2016, at 18:31, William Muriithi <william.muriithi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed an error that pop up as the final line after running
> this command "
> automount -m". I suspect its related to selinux, but haven't seen how
> to fix it from the google search this morning.
>
> I have autofs maps on IPA and using SSSD to read the maps.
>

> Mount point: /-
>

> source(s):
>
> lookup_read_map: lookup(sss): getautomntent_r: No such file or directory
>
>  failed to read map
>
> Have anyone found a way to clean up that error?

No idea without more context, sorry. Does auto mounter actually work for you or are some maps missing?

The message can really be harmless, because the client (=automounter) iterates over the maps returned by the server (=sssd in this context) until the server returns ENOENT. I agree though the message is confusing and we’ll be (most probably) looking at some autofs enhancements in the next sssd version..