[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-install failing, dirsrv not starting properly during install process

Florence Blanc-Renaud flo at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 21:16:00 UTC 2016

On 11/29/2016 03:19 PM, David Dejaeghere wrote:
> Can you give me a couple of test commands?
> I am not familiar with Dogtag.

Hi,

To reproduce the issue:
1. install IPA server
2. On the replica, run ipa-client-install
3. On the server, stop dogtag with
$ systemctl stop pki-tomcatd at pki-tomcat.service
4. On the replica, run ipa-replica-install

When you want to restart dogtag, you can run
$ systemctl start pki-tomcatd at pki-tomcat.service

If you want to check if dogtag is running:
$ systemctl status pki-tomcatd at pki-tomcat.service

You may find more information on Dogtag here:
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_Main_Page
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/IPA
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Debugging_the_state_of_dogtag_in_an_ipa_install

Flo