[Freeipa-users] cleanallruv - no replica's :(

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 12:02:40 UTC 2016

On 09/30/2016 10:41 PM, Matt Wells wrote:
> Hey all I hoped anyone may be able to assist.  I had 2 dead replica's
> and use the cleanallruv.pl <http://cleanallruv.pl> as they refused to
> leave otherwise.
> ` /usr/sbin/cleanallruv.pl <http://cleanallruv.pl> -v -D "cn=directory
> manager" -w - -b 'dc=mosaic451,dc=com' -r 17 `
> 17 being the bad guy.  Well it ran `woohoo` but deleted all of my
> replica's.  The state it's in now is I can make changes on Box1 ( the
> one I ran it on ) and they replicate to Box2 but never come back.
> If I delete it on Box2 it never get's to Box1 however Box2 say's he
> has that happy replication agreement.
> So it's almost a split brain scenario.  I hoped someone may be able to
> assist.
> Can I just re-cut the replication agreement from Box2 and run it on
> Box1; he's a full grown IPA so if I did that wouldn't I need to
> --uninstall him?
>
> What do you guys think?

Hi Matt,

    It is not clear to me what you mean with 'deleted all of my
    replica's'. Do you mean that after cleanallruv completed, the RUV
    does not contains any element ?

    If  replication works B1 -> B2 and fail B2->B1 would it be possible
    to get samples of DS access logs showing that. Also it would be
    useful to have some RUV dumps on both B1 and B2 after the updates
    (|ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b <suffix> \
      '(&(nsuniqueid=ffffffff-ffffffff-ffffffff-ffffffff)(objectclass=nstombstone))')

    regards
    thierry