[Freeipa-users] IPA - AD trust - LDAP signing

Jan Karásek jan.karasek at elostech.cz
Fri Oct 7 13:38:19 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am having the trouble with IPA-AD trust. We have scenario, where on the AD side the LDAP signing policy is on - this is company standard and can not be changed.
Is there any chance to let the IPA use LDAP signing on IPA side ? I guess IPA use SASL LDAP bind but without signing.

What I am not understanding now is that IPA is still able to obtain info from AD LDAP although DC servers keeps complaining about unsigned LDAP connections - event 2889.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd941849(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks for help.
Jan Karásek