[Freeipa-users] diskless workstations in an IPA domain

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 07:38:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 12:41:23AM +0200, Jacquelin Charbonnel wrote:
> 	Thank you for this information. Yes, /tmp is writable.
>
> 	My problem is : access are sometimes definitively refused for random user
> who wants to log in diskless workstations.
> 	But if this banned user tries to connect to the single machine which mounts
> the fs in rw mode, it's work, and this solve immediately its problem on all
> the other stateless machines !? Strange...

I'm sorry, but without some logs from journald or syslog or sssd, I
don't know what to advice.

I just know that at least in the past there were people running SSSD on
diskless nodes because we still have a rwtab file in the sssd tree and
it contains just a single line:
    dirs @sharedstatedir@/sss
(@sharedstatedir@ is an autoconf macro which normally expands to
/var/lib..)