[Freeipa-users] Best and Secure Way for a System Account

Günther J. Niederwimmer gjn at gjn.priv.at
Sun Oct 16 10:22:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

IPA 4.3.1

I have a big Problem with my LDAP Read User (ldapbind) I like to install
dovecot with IPA, but I must have "mailAternateAddress" I found a Plugin for
this, but now I cant read this Attributes :-(.

Is this the actual way to implement a System Account

# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -W
dn: uid=system,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: add
objectclass: account
objectclass: simplesecurityobject
uid: system
userPassword: secret123
passwordExpirationTime: 20380119031407Z
nsIdleTimeout: 0
<blank line>
^D

https://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/LDAP#System_Accounts

The IPA Docs have no time stamp to found out, is this actual or old :-(.

Thanks for a answer,
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer