[Freeipa-users] Not able to pass through ipa-replica-install on centos 7

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 05:29:15 UTC 2016

On 10/15/2016 12:41 PM, Deepak Dimri wrote:
> Thanks Martin for the reply.
>
> when i try 'ipa-client-install --uninstall' then i am getting bellow
> message:
>

> ipa-client-install --uninstall
> IPA client is configured as a part of IPA server on this system.
> Refer to ipa-server-install for uninstallation.
>

> How can i raise domain level to 1 in v4? i tried
>
> ipa *domainlevel-set* 1
>
> but i am getting ipa: ERROR: unknown command 'domainlevel-set'
>
> Thanks again for your help on this.
>
> Best Regards,
> Deepak

Hi Deepak,

IIRC Centos 7 has FreeIPA 4.2.0-15 that does not support replica
promotion and domain levels other than 0.

The error from ipa-replica-install comes probably from a leftovers of
previous client enrollment.

Just run `ipa-client-install --uninstall -U` and then re-run replica
installation as usual.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky