[Freeipa-users] network ports requirements for a replica

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:46:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On ma, 17 loka 2016, Karl Forner wrote:
>
>> Thanks Alexander, unfortunately I could only find outdated documentation.
>> I just realized that my question is not precise enough.
>>
> The documentation I linked is the up-to-date one.

Yes I know. I was explaining...

>> From your answer, I understand that during the replica setup process,
>> all I need (because I do not use RHEL) is a ssh port between the master
>> and the replica.
>>
> You did not read carefully what I quoted. SSH port is in addition to the
> ports required to be open for normal IPA master.

I did read.  I wrote "between the master and the replica". Each server has
its own set of open ports in its own network, used by its clients.
What I want to know is what ports are used by the replication process, i.e.
what ports must I open on my firewall to enable the replication.
Maybe all the ports are used for that purpose, but this is not, unless
mistaken, clearly stated in the documentation.
In that case, this may be a security problem opening that many ports in the
firewall.

Thanks for your patience.
Karl