[Freeipa-users] ipa-cacert-manage install failing with subject public key info mismatch

David Dejaeghere david.dejaeghere at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:42:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

When installing FreeIPA we used the CA from our Windows servers.
This one recently expired and we created a new one.  It seems that the new
root CA has another subject name and this seems to be an issue when we want
to install new certs on our FreeIPA hosts.

ipa-cacert-manage install certnew.pem -n mycert -t C,,

Installing CA certificate, please wait
Failed to install the certificate: subject public key info mismatch

After validating the subjects are indeed different.

How can we replace the required certs for dirsrv and http when the ca is
not installable?

Kind Regards,

David