[Freeipa-users] questions regarding OTP tokens

Gábor Varga varga.gabor at zalaszam.hu
Fri Oct 21 12:28:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the OTP tokens:

1. Can I limit the number of active tokens a regular user can have at a
given time? If yes, then how?

2. Can I forbid the regular to generate OTP tokens? (they should only
have a token assigned by an administrator)

3. Other than editing the python class inside
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipalib/plugins/otptoken.pyc how can I
set the default algorithm for the newly generated OTP tokens? I would
like to disable SHA-1 and only enable at least SHA-256.

4. How can I set the default lifetime for a new OTP token other than the
beforementiond python class?

5. How can I prevent a regular user from modifying the properties of
his/her OTP token? (The validiy period for example..)

Thanks!

--
sig Gábor VARGA
Systems Engineer