[Freeipa-users] Certmonger (or similar) for FreeBSD?

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 12:51:16 UTC 2016

On 22/10/16 00:15, Gilbert Wilson wrote:
> We have a lot of FreeBSD systems that I would like to streamline certificate issuance and renewal. Ideally, we could leverage our FreeIPA system's CA to do this. But, certmonger doesn't run on FreeBSD (or does it?). What other means have other people tried, or would you recommend investigating, to enable automated certificate issuance and renewal for FreeBSD FreeIPA clients?
>
> Any pointers are appreciated!
>
> Gil

Hello Gil!

I've very limited experiences with *BSD systems so the question may be
completely off.
Have you tried to install and run certmonger using FreeBSD's Linux
Binary Compatibility [1]? Though I don't know what are the limitations
or possible issues it could be a way.

[1] http://www.freebsd.cz/doc/handbook/linuxemu.html

--
David Kupka