[Freeipa-users] free-ipa 389 own schema, cos, static and dynamic groups

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 14:14:57 UTC 2016

Have you checked http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTos ?

>As I've seen so far, the 389 as part of free-ipa is tightly coupled to
>the rest of the components and it's schema and dit are structured to
>fit the needs of ipa.
>Some questions that come into my mind:
>
>Would it be possible to extend the schema and configure the 389 ds for
>my own needs?
Everything is possible but you'll be responsible for whatever would be
done.

>Could the dit be restructured to match the logic of our
>environments?
Most likely no. The flat DIT assumptions and naming of subtrees are
encoded in FreeIPA framework.

>I remember the sun idm server which was a pretty complex product but
>gave the user lots of possible customizations of the web ui and
>included workflows. Is that possible with ipa also?
Read existing documentation.
http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/Add_a_new_attribute
http://www.freeipa.org/images/5/5b/FreeIPA33-extending-freeipa.pdf
and overall links under http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation