[Freeipa-users] rpm dependencies

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 07:39:44 UTC 2016

On 26/10/16 20:00, lejeczek wrote:
> hi all
>
> quick question - does IPA rpms depend on samaba's?
> I'm hoping I can remove samba-common but dnf fies a 46 packages long
> list of dependencies - is it somehow broken?
> If is not and that is 100% correct long chain of deps - then can samba
> be safely downgraded to 3.6.x ? given that IPA does not integrate samba
> in my configuration.
>
> many thanks
> L.

Hello!

Only freeipa-server-trust-ad package depends on samba. If you haven't
configured AD trust you can safely remove samba (and also
freeipa-server-trust-ad package if you've installed it).
samba-common contains files for samba client and server so removing it
may remove applications that can behave as samba client.

--
David Kupka