[Freeipa-users] Allow external AD users on webui

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 07:33:14 UTC 2016

On ma, 31 loka 2016, Troels Hansen wrote:
>Hi there
>
>After trying to add external usergroups from AD to allow (admin) users
>to log in to IPA webUI, by tdding the groups to toe local admin group
>and discovering that it didn't work, I found that as far as I can see,
>its currently not possibly, and fount this rather old ticket on the
>case:
>
>https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3242
>
>I can see that its currently pushed for IPA 4.5 and that the required
>patch seems to have been made, but also that the request have been
>pushed for some time now.
>
>Is there and active plan for pushing this into the 4.5 release as I too
>would like to have this implemented and see this as a BIG missing
>feature that everyone have to log in as admin, or create local IPA
>users, to be able to log in to webui.
You make it sound as if it is a done deal. It is not, there is a number
of changes that yet not figured out how to do in an efficient way.

It is in our pipeline for 4.5. It is understandable that people ask for
this feature. It is also should be clear to you had it been a simple
thing, it would have been implemented already.

If you want to see a progress, subscribe to the ticket.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy