[Freeipa-users] openLDAP to FreeIPA user migration

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:20:13 UTC 2016

Afternoon,

I have an openLDAP system that lack a required attribute.  This result
in the migration script rejecting all the user import.

I have googled externsively, read ever line of ipa migration --help
doc and it doesn't seem I will be able to use this migration script.
I wonder if there is anybody here who have been able to overcome this
problem in the past.

[root at hydrogen ~]# ipa -v migrate-ds --with-compat
--bind-dn="cn=admin,dc=eng.example,dc=com"
--user-ignore-attribute="sn"
--user-container="ou=People,dc=eng.example,dc=com"
--group-container="ou=Group,dc=eng.example,dc=com"
--group-objectclass="posixGroup"   --user-objectclass="account"
ldap://192.168.20.18:389
ipa: INFO: trying https://hydrogen.eng.example.com/ipa/session/json
Password:
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'migrate_ds' to json server
'https://hydrogen.eng.example.com/ipa/session/json'
migrate-ds:
Migrated:
Failed user:
  aagrim: missing attribute "sn" required by object class "organizationalPerson"
  acctemp: missing attribute "sn" required by object class
"organizationalPerson"

Regards,

William