[Freeipa-users] Password change rights

Mike Driscoll mike.driscoll at oracle.com
Fri Sep 2 14:15:57 UTC 2016

Hello.  I want to script the new user creation process.  I read in section 9.4 that "any user who has password change rights can change a password and no password policies are applied, but the other user must reset the password at the next login.”  I want to create an account with this limited capability for inclusion in a script.  But I can’t figure out how to configure an account to have this capability without being a full admin.  How can I create new user accounts and set initial passwords in a script?

Mike