[Freeipa-users] adding replica centos 7 to centos 6 fails [error] ObjectclassViolation: attribute "unhashed#user#password" not allowed

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:10:45 UTC 2016

hi,

when trying to add a replica to the Idm environment of a host running
centos 7 (fully patched) to an existing centos 6.8 realm I get this error:

[24/38]: setting up initial replication
  [error] ObjectclassViolation: attribute "unhashed#user#password" not
allowed
Your system may be partly configured.
Run /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install --uninstall to clean up.

ipa.ipapython.install.cli.install_tool(Replica): ERROR    attribute
"unhashed#user#password" not allowed

In /var/log/ipareplica-install.log I find this same info with a detailed
traceback of the python script, but it boils down to the same, the
attribute is not allowed.

Any ideas?

Groeten,
natxo