[Freeipa-users] CA: Cannot add Centos7.2 replica to Centos6.8 ipa server

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 15:39:33 UTC 2016

On 09/14/2016 07:26 PM, Giorgos Kafataridis wrote:

> On 09/13/2016 10:36 PM, Endi Sukma Dewata wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The master's logs indicate there's an authentication issue.
>>>
>>> Could you search the whole directory to find the admin user?
>>> $ ldapsearch ... -b "o=ipaca" "(uid=admin)"
>>>
>>> Try also other suffixes that you have in the DS.
>>>
>>> If you find it, try to authenticate against DS directly as the admin
>>> user. If the authentication fails, try resetting the password.
>>
>> I believe there is actually another DS instance on CentOS 6.8 running on port
>> 7389, so make sure you check that too. If the admin user is indeed missing, it
>> will need to be recreated, assigned a password and certificate, and added to
>> the appropriate groups.
>>
>> See also: http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/IPA_PKI_Users
>>

> Sorry for the delay, crazy office days.
>
> Ok, tried that and finally got a hit on the user. Indeed in 6.x you also have
> 7389 to look for.
>
> *Master
>
> *#ldapsearch -h localhost -p 7389 -b "o=ipaca" "(uid=admin)" -x -W
> Enter LDAP Password:
>
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <o=ipaca> with scope subtree
> # filter: (uid=admin)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # admin, people, ipaca
> dn: uid=admin,ou=people,o=ipaca
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: cmsuser
> uid: admin
> sn: admin
> cn: admin
> mail: root at localhost
> usertype: adminType
> userstate: 1
> userCertificate:: MIIDaTCCAlGgAwIBAgIBBjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADAxMQ8wDQYDVQQKEwZO....
> .
> .
> .
> .
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
>

> *Replica Server*
>
> [root at ipa2-server2 ~]# ldapsearch -h ipa-server.nelios -p 7389 -b "o=ipaca"
> "(uid=admin)" -x -W
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <o=ipaca> with scope subtree
> # filter: (uid=admin)
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # admin, people, ipaca
> dn: uid=admin,ou=people,o=ipaca
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: cmsuser
> uid: admin
> [...]

In the other subthred there was a log from CentOS6 machine:

/var/log/pki-ca/system

5337.TP-Processor3 - [09/Sep/2016:22:59:42 EEST] [6] [6] Failed to
authenticate as admin UID=admin. Error: netscape.ldap.LDAPException:
error result (49)
5337.TP-Processor3 - [09/Sep/2016:22:59:42 EEST] [3] [3] Servlet
caGetCookie: Error getting servlet output stream when rendering
template. Error Invalid Credential..

Which to me looks like a wrong password. Which indicates my original
theory that IPA admin user shared with CA admin user the same password
but it got out of sync. During replica installation it uses IPA admin
user for authenticating as PKI admin user.

If that is correct then changing PKI admin user's (
uid=admin,ou=people,o=ipaca ) password to IPA admin user's password
might fix the issue.

--
Petr Vobornik