[Freeipa-users] HBAC doesn't work issues

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 23:57:38 UTC 2016

We have one "allow all" sudo rule (anyone, any host, any command).

Matching Defaults entries for root on this host:
    requiretty, !visiblepw, always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS
DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1
    PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE
LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY
    LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL
LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY",
    secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

User root may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL

My sssd.conf has:

[domain/unixdev.etc]
sudo_provider = ldap
ldap_uri = ldap://vmdv-linuxidm1.unixdev.petermac.org.au
ldap_sudo_search_base = or=sudoers,dc=unixdev,dc=petermac,dc=org,dc=au
ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
ldap_sasl_authid = host/vmdv-linuxidm1.unixdev.petermac.org.au
ldap_sasl_realm = UNIXDEV.PETERMAC.ORG.AU
krb5_server = vmdv-linuxidm1.unixdev.petermac.org.au

[sssd]
services = nss, sudo, pam, ssh
config_file_version = 2
domains = unixdev.petermac.org.au
debug_level = 6

[sudo]
debug_level = 6

but only on the server - does that need to filter down to each client? The
client side sssd.confs seem to be auto created when ipa-client-install is
run, and are stripped down...

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper