[Freeipa-users] Issues with FreeIPA SSH Key authentication

Venkataramana Kintali venkataramana.kintali at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:04:59 UTC 2016

Thank you Lukas.
The issue , not being able to login to some servers in our setup with ssh
keys, was due to incorrect permissions on /usr directory,per the following
entry in /var/log/secure.

*sshd[12856]: error: bad ownership or modes for AuthorizedKeysCommand path
component "/usr"*

After setting up the permissions for /usr to 755, I was able to login to
these servers with ssh private keys.

Thank you again,Lukas, for your help.

Regards
Venkataramana