[Freeipa-users] SSH public user's key stored in AD POSIX attribute

Jan Karásek jan.karasek at elostech.cz
Wed Sep 21 07:47:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a question about the IPA-AD trust scenario where POSIX attributes are store in AD.

I would like to know if it's possible to store public SSH user key in Active Directory in some user's object attribute - the same way as uidNumber or loginShell. I can't find any suitable attribute for ssh in AD schema but the uidNumber,gidNumber and others are already presented (win2012).

So is there any chance to extend AD schema and let the IPA server get public ssh user's key from AD the same way as other POSIX attributes ? Is it IPA ready for that and how that attribute should be named in AD ?

Thanks,

Jan