[Freeipa-users] Fwd: Re: Increase ListenBacklog for httpd

Robbie Harwood rharwood at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 18:21:39 UTC 2016

Rakesh Rajasekharan <rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Robbie for the inputs.. the load should not have been high as I
> have around 4000 clients with 160 users which should be manageable
>
> However, I saw a lot of clock skew too great errors in my
> krb5kdc.log...  however I haven't been able to verify if those were
> genuine...
>
> Can too many clock skew errors take down the kerberos service..

Too much load of any kind will take down the service, but clock skew
problems shouldn't be particularly resource intensive.  Depending on
your client behavior, they may cause retries, which will mean about
twice as much traffic as normal, if memory serves.

You'll want to fix the clock skew problem regardless.